Incentives for Schools & Districts
DISE coaching and professional development will be provided by the National Institute for Direct Instruction (NIFDI). Incentives for schools and districts include:
- At least one classroom set of curricular materials per participating building (depending on the number of eligible students in the building).
- Two days of teacher training on the implementation of DISE and a ½ day follow-up.
- Monthly instructional coaching from an expert external coach.
- Stipend for the school office for data-collection and coordination to facilitate the gathering and sharing of student demographic data.
- Stipends and travel reimbursements for participating teachers for study activities and professional development ($2,000 per year for DISE teachers; $1,000 per year for wait-list teachers).